- Regular Tuition Fee$950Course Fee: $900 + Registration Fee: $50
- Reduced Tuition Fee$450Reduced Fee: $400 + Registration Fee: $50
(Must be employed by a health care organization to qualify)
Register today for Medical Interpreter Training
Qualifying Criteria for the Reduced Tuition Fee
Depending on the type of healthcare or social work setting for which you work, you may qualify for a discounted rate. Please provide the name of your employer upon submitting your registration so that Language Link can determine your eligibility for a discounted rate. Applicants that work in a healthcare or social work setting must provide a letter of employment verification from their manager.
Please be reminded, the reduced MassHealth tuition fee is only available for individuals that are currently employed in a healthcare or social work environment. If you do not work in a healthcare or social work environment, you do not qualify for the reduced rate.
However, we advise all applicants to check with their employer for employee tuition reimbursement options. Your employer may have a program for ongoing education and tuition reimbursement. Please ask your manager, or contact your company’s Human Resources Department for more information on employee tuition reimbursement.
Limited funding is available to only partially subsidize the costs of medical interpreter training for employees of medical, health and human services organizations that offer services to MassHealth members; we are no longer able to provide full subsidies. This funding is available after all other resources for education and training are exhausted.
We require a statement from the participants employer regarding the amount of support for the tuition ($950.00) you may be eligible to receive. These resources may include, for example:
- Your own organization tuition assistance program
- Union supported training funds
- Unemployment Fund/Workforce Training Funds Programs
- Any other in-kind/other resources you may want to use
Students may opt to enter a payment plan to pay-off the remaining balance on their tuition. The plan is very simple; the student must pass the entrance exam with a grade of 75 or higher in order to be able to enter a payment plan.
- Student must pass the entrance exam with a grade of 75 or higher.
- Student must commit to making minimum bi-weekly payments of $200.
- The “Payment Plan” form must be verified and signed by the director of the Language Link Interpreter Services department.
COURSE & WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
View our schedule calendar of courses and workshops available.