Center for Health Impact facilitates and contributes to a wide array of healthy aging initiatives. Learn more of our programs in the sections below.
Medical Interpretation for Older Adults in Clinic and Community Settings, including:
- Senior Care Options
- Home Health Care
- Community Health Centers
Translation of Medical Documents and Resources Older Adults Need, including:
- Medical Consent Forms
- Benefits Information (e.g., MassHealth And You, a guide for persons needing long-term care published by MassHealth)
- Resource Guides (e.g., The Caregiver Guide, published by the Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging)
- Other Health Education Materials (e.g., A Matter of Balance; Patient and Family Information about Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment)
Curriculum and Toolkit Development to Improve Quality of Care for Older Adults
Massachusetts Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
MOLST is a process and medical form used voluntarily in Massachusetts by persons with advanced illness or medical frailty to communicate their life-sustaining treatment choices to health care providers across care settings. More information at www.molst-ma.org.
- Created training, tool kit content and materials used to educate health providers, patients and families about MOLST
- Translated materials for use in diverse communities
- Provided educational content and structure for MOLST website
Care Transitions Education Project (CTEP)
CTEP is a Robert Wood Johnson-funded Partnerships in Nursing project of the Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation aimed at equipping nurses to lead more effective patient care transitions across the health care continuum. More information at www.maseniorcarefoundation.org.
- Coordinated curriculum development activities
- Compiled existing and created original educational content for curriculum
- Created and designed curriculum binder
Health-focused Programming for Older Adults
AmeriCorps Healthy Aging Program
- Recruits older adult members
- Trains members to offer health education and services for older adults
- Reaches older adults in partnership with host sites throughout Central MA
- Provides comprehensive training
(Funded by the Tufts Healthcare Foundation)
Promoting healthy aging for persons with disabilities, including: My Life, My Health (chronic diseased self-management), A Matter of Balance (fall prevention program) and Healthy Eating for Successful Living in Older Adults.
Training and Project Leadership
Heart Health Training Course for Community Health Workers (CHWs)
Trains CHWs to use National Heart, Lung and Blood curricula and educational materials to provide heart health education for older adults in Latino and African American communities on 10 different cardiovascular health topics.
Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Leadership
- Statewide Steering Committee
- State Community Education and Outreach Committee
- Statewide Expansion Leadership Team
COURSE & WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
View our schedule calendar of courses and workshops available.